6.19.2011

Father/Daughter Dances


In honor of Father’s Day, we wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all the wonderful dads out there who have been there for their children through thick and thin… holding you when you’re hurt, tossing a ball around with you on a warm sunny day, cooking burgers for you on the grill and always there for some comedic relief when needed!! 
The “Father/Daughter Dance” is often a long-anticipated four minutes that your father has been dreaming of/dreading since you were born…. The combination of joy and sadness is sometimes overwhelming for both of you!  But choosing the perfect song can make those few moments be the most memorable! 
Here are a few of our favorite (classic!) song choices that will never get old!

“Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion (get your tissues ready!)
“She’s Got a Way” by Billy Joel (love it!)
“A Wink and a Smile” by Harry Connick, Jr.
“Daddy’s Little Girl” by Al Martino (who doesn’t love this song??)
“Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” by Rod Stewart
“Daughters” by John Mayer (for the more modern bride)
“I Loved Her First” by Heartland
“If I Could” by Ray Charles
“In My Life” by The Beatles
“Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder (perfect!)
“Just The Way You Are” by Billy Joel
“My Girl” by The Temptations (more upbeat and fun!!)
“Over The Rainbow” by IZ (one of my favorite songs ever)
“Stand By Me” by Ben E. King (classic, Motown and FUN!)
“The Way You Look Tonight”  by Frank Sinatra (I don’t think it gets any better than Frank!)
“Time In A Bottle” by Jim Croce
“Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
“What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
“Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler (okay, a bit cliché, but totally appropriate!)
“My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw (for those country fans out there!)

Happy Father’s Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment